Check out a few purposes for building a guest house on your property.
Years ago, it was incredibly difficult to obtain a permit to add a guest house or convert your garage into a studio. Thanks to a new state law, California is now issuing homeowners permits to build accessory dwelling units (better known as guest houses, back houses, cottages, granny flats, secondary dwellings, in-law units, and garage conversions) and homeowners all over the state are rejoicing.
Many homeowners are looking to add a guest house to their home for a multitude of reasons. From modern to traditional designs, to farmhouse and cottage styles, get inspired by these guest house ideas!
- Two car garage converted into a guest house
- California farmhouse style guest house with wooden exterior
- Craftsman vintage garage converted into a guest house
- Mediterranean style guest house by the pool
- Lake guest house space – with full-length glass windows to reflect the water!
- Modern guest house with sliding doors, stonework, and downward lighting
- Design studio for artists
- Open concept floor plan for a modern feel
- Space for family members, making the guest house wheelchair accessible
- Add luscious shrubbery around the wooden exterior to create a tropical island style guest house
Are you thinking of adding a guest house to your home? Schedule a consultation with our team at Levi Construction so that we can go over your vision and ideas. Even if you don’t have all the details ironed out yet, we can work together to draft a plan of action. Contact us today for your Californian home construction needs!