Developing an ADU is very much like developing a house, only on a smaller scale. There are a lot of moving parts and for a successful development it’s important to have all your bases covered in the right sequence.
Trying to do one before the other will create delays, cost overrun and a lot of frustration. That is why we created a series of videos covering 7 essential steps of developing and ADU:
- ADU Costs and Budgets – set budget for your ADU based on information of various costs of development.
- ADU Feasibility – inquire ADU feasibility, create site map and research with your planning department.
- ADU Design Plans – create floor plans and 3D rendering to visualize and set expectations for your ADU.
- ADU Construction Plans – issue construction drawing plans and calculations based on your ADU design.
- ADU Construction Permit – submit your plans to your local planning department for review and approval.
- ADU Contractors and Estimates – create scope of work and solicit to receive estimates from contractors.
- ADU Construction – go through construction and inspections, receive certificate of occupancy.